Self-Build Zone and Build-Zone will be exhibiting at Build It Live Bicester. The show will take place on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2018 at Bicester Heritage Event Centre, providing a whole weekend of inspiration and expert guidance all under one roof.
Build It Live Bicester is packed full of practical information and tips that will educate and inspire you. Here is a taster of what you can expect from the show:
- Meet hundreds of the UK’s leading suppliers, see thousands of products on display and specify the right items for your project.
- Build It Live features dozens of daily FREE demonstrations, seminars and workshops. From eco-friendly construction techniques, to securing a plot for your build, our interactive talks are there to guide you in the right direction.
- Meet Build It’s team of industry experts, with decades of knowledge and experience under their belts. Ask them questions and even show them your plans for top tips on making your project a success. Make sure you book a session early in the day, for a FREE face-to-face consultation with some of the most experienced names in the self-build and renovation industry.
- See a cut-away show home at ‘1st-fix’ – a fascinating insight into how things are installed, from ICF blockwork to underfloor heating. Click here to see who is contributing to this year’s Naked House.
- Make sure you visit Build It Live’s new Land Zone to discover the various routes to finding the right plot for your build. The Land Zone will offer valuable tips for finding land including a gallery of available plots plus information about the latest custom build (serviced plots) projects across the UK.
- FREE taster sessions from the Self-Build Academy delivered by Potton – providing essential knowledge for all self-builders. View the timetable here.
Read more ›
Self-Build Zone recently hosted a masterclass at the Homebuilding and Renovating show in Birmingham, for those who might have missed it, we have decided to share our presentation with you.
Self-Build Zone are a market leader in Self-Build Insurance and the sole provider for the NHBC Self-Build insurance products.
If you would like to visit us on stand at our next event, we will be exhibiting at Build It Live on the 9th and 10th of June in Bicester.
Download it here.
For further information please call us now on 0345 230 9874 or visit www.selfbuildzone.com
We are excited to announce that they will once again be taking part in the Homebuilding & Renovating Shows in 2018. Their first stop will be at the NEC, Birmingham from the 22nd – 25th of March.
The Homebuilding & Renovating Show is the biggest homebuilding and renovating event in the UK. The #HBRshow18 will be visiting multiple locations across the UK during 2018, starting with the NEC in Birmingham this week.
If you are a Self-Builder, Renovator, Tradesman or an inspiration seeker, the Homebuilding & Renovating Show is a must.
The Homebuilding & Renovating Show offers a wide range of free talks including topics on Self-Build, Renovating, Innovative Products, Extensions, Conversions and DIY projects. Read more ›
In general terms with house construction, the more you cover up the more likely it will be that things can go wrong and undetected until it is too late unless. Proper planning and supervision is essential! For example, concealed WC cisterns and in more recent years Underfloor Heating Systems (as opposed to traditional wet or dry systems) have become more popular with self-builders and renovators looking to improve the heating efficiency of their home.
Here is some advice to avoid expensive problems further down the line with your underfloor heating.
First ensure that the Designer chooses a system which is well recognised in the building industry and has all the relevant certification and check what Warranties/Guarantees will be provided by the manufacturer, supplier and installation contractor once the work has been completed. Don’t forget to make sure that you have a written contract with your Designer and that he has Insurance should he incorrectly advise you! Read more ›
What’s the cheapest alternative to meet the ROI Building Regulations’ renewables requirement for a new build? How about a retrofit?
In a new build situation, the payback with a heat pump should be three to five years at the most. The marginal cost of installing a heat pump, appropriate cylinder and potentially larger radiators is likely to be similar to the fossil fuel alternative. This is because a gas + connection to grid (and associated developer infrastructure) or oil + tank will require the addition of photovoltaics to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations.
Read more ›